Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Socks Galore

Lots and Lots of Socks
{First let me say I know it is Tuesday but my scanner really bit the dust today.  So I will scan something at work and post it tomorrow.}

I told you awhile back that I was planning on making socks for my entire family that would turn out to be 22 pairs of socks and most of them need to be done before August.  So far I am trucking along just fine because it has only been one birthday a month.  I am enjoying and hating it at times.  The good still outweighs the bad. 

The ones orange ones were the first ones I made in January for my niece that turned 16.  The ones still on the needles were done in February for my niece that turned 14.  I just did not get a chance to take a picture of the finished product. 

The next pair were I a bright purple pair for my nephew in February that turned 12. I was finishing them on the way to the party and did not get a chance to take a picture. Yes bright purple for a boy. He is autistic and loves purple he says it is his power color. I am not sure what that means but at least he likes them and wears them a lot.

The green ones for my nephew that turned 13.  He wears a camo jacket all the time so I thought these would go well with it until I hit the middle of the ball and this blue yarn appeared. Trust me I did not see any blue on the outside of that skein. It still looks manly and nice. 

The last pair are the purple ones for my Mother-in-Law she got them on Saturday.  Her actual birthday is St. Patrick's Day but I thought I would make a pair her favorite color instead of green. 

That is five pairs down 17 pairs to go. I am exhausted and my fingers hurt but I still want to make more so that is a good sign.  Off to knit a pair pants for Mr. Foster  I have already finished his sailor hat.

What do you do that stresses you out but you still love?

No comments: