Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fun New Project!

Wrist Cuffs

About two months ago I got it into my head that I wanted a wrist cuff with embroidery on it.  I have seen several on-line and thought hey I could make that.  So went about making several terrible ones and to small and to big and so on. 

The first successful one was the first one in this picture. It was made of felt and backed with cotton flower fabric.  After wearing the felt one for awhile it started to get all fuzzy and worn looking.  I decided I needed a different medium. 

The second one is the one I made for Drewzel.  It was embroidered on cotton and backed with cotton fabric and I put some padding it it to make it a little stiffer.  I really like how it turned out and I even found a snap kit so it would snap close instead of the buttons I did on my original one.  The third one I am not that crazy about it but it has grown on me a bit.  I do really love the fabric on the back so I wear it inside out.  The fabric is vintage 1970's fabric I bought on eBay about 6 years ago. I originally made a skirt with it and wore that skirt out. I still have some remnants left so it was perfect for this project.  What do you think?

~B

2 comments:

My 1st Bambina ! said...

I think they r lovely !
Specially the middle one with the blue
flower ... how beautiful !

Glenda said...

I like them all!

Your stitching on the one you made Drewzel is fabulous -- great satin stitching. The design and colors work perfectly with the interior fabric.

I love the colors on the third one.

Very cool about finding a snap kit -- I need to find one too.