Monday, October 19, 2009

What a Weekend!

10-18-09 001Friday night I worked on the the Robot Devil shirt for Brian.  He was pretty excited the whole night since every time I lifted the hoop to tie off the backside and switch threads he would peek over and smile like a kid on Christmas waiting to open presents.  So I ended up staying up until 2:30 am to get it finished.  So  he could wear it the next day.

It was not one of my brightest moments since I had to get up at 6am to get ready to go shopping with my Mom.  We had planned a shopping trip to spend some of my birthday money.  It was a fun and busy day even though I was still dead tired.  I did get some great deal and lots of pretty clothes and jewlery.  It was almost like going back to school shopping having trying on clothes and asking my Mom what she thinks.  Funny how it is the little things that make you feel young again.  I think I need more those feelings.  Because most of the time I feel a bit old. 

While I was in town I muster up the energy to go to Joanns and spend a gift certificate my work gave me for my birthday.  I was able to get 30 new skeins of floss and 4 new boxes for my floss.  The hinges on one of my boxes broke and I was just going to buy two boxes one as a replacement and one to hold extra but they were buy one get one so of course I had to get four.  I still have $6 left.  I guess I could always get more floss.  I only have 2 full boxes of DMC floss and one full of silk floss and one with hand dyed floss I am not sure if that is enough. 

I think I need to get cracking on a new project and stop hording floss.  What are you all working on?  Any ideas I am at a loss at what to do next.  All of my patterns are starting to look the same the more I look through them.

I will take pictures of the Robot Devil shirt once it is out of the laundry tomorrow. He wore it right away and I did not get a chance to take a picture of it. Brian now has plans for a Zoidberg t-Shirt. What have I started??

~B

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I have been having trouble finding patterns too. Nothing is yelling Embroider Me!
Today I was looking for dia de los muertos skulls and I ended up working all day on my own version. I like what I have so far and I am hoping that it will be my next big project.
Hope you get some rest tonight.

Rebekah said...

I wish I had the talent for drawing because in my head is the perfect pattern I just can not seem to find it out there.

Oh I did get some sleep I got off of work and took a nap from 4-9pm and was still able to fall asleep that night at 11pm. Crazy how much I can sleep sometimes.

I would love to see your dia de los muertos skulls when you are finished with it. I will have to stalk your blog for it.