Sunday, February 13, 2011

Antique Stores and New Patterns!

New patterns and tablecloth
Last weekend Brian and I decided to go to some some pawn shops and antique stores for fun and to also look for an amp for his guitar.  We went to a few good pawn stores and did not find any good amps for a decent price, but at the antique stores I found a few good things.

This awesome although to small tablecloth, I still love it anyway.  Vogart embroidery patterns for a buck a piece I did not have these yet and also Aunt Ellen's embroidery patterns.  From what I have been able to research they are affiliated with WorkBasket.  I also found an apron pattern from the 60's as a replacement for one that got destroyed in our basement flood a couple of years ago.  I will be posting an apron this week that I made with this pattern

Hat I should have bought!I kick myself for not buying this hat!  It has peacock feathers on the top and a wing on the side.  I fell in love with it but decided to pass now I kick myself and need to go back.  Maybe next time we are in town.

In the Aunt Ellen's patterns are these cute Patchwork Cat DOW patterns I thought you all would get a kick out of.  I can just picture them black with hot pink flowers.  Now sure why I want to embroider them this way but I do.  I am missing Tuesday if anyone has it please share.   Tuesday's pattern can be found here and here. Enjoy!

~B

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The hat is the cuteness! Go get it today! :) But mostly, thank you for sharing your finds. Fun, isn't it?!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting the DOTW cats! It wasn't the set that I was looking for, but it's so cute, I've downloaded it instead, and will no longer care if I don't find the other set. Hope you got that hat!