Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What a Weekend!

Apron for my Niece

We had quite a weekend first on Saturday I was scrambling to finish two birthday presents for a double birthday party on Sunday. (Yes I always leave things to the last minute I work better under pressure, or that is my excuse.) I was finishing embroidering an apron for my niece and I only had 7 french knots left when we heard a huge zap then the power went out and flicked back on and went out again. I could not believe it. It was about 8:00 pm. We had a little light but not enough to see the faint line that I had ironed on. So I could not finish the embroidery or sew on the ribbon. Did I mention the party was on Sunday. I was a bit concerned that I would not get the apron done or the hankies that I was making for my FIL since I had not even printed out the pattern.

We of course made the best of the time we played Yahtzee by candlelight. It was fun and I won two out of three so it was a good night. By the time we started the third game the power came back on and we turned off the lights and finished the game. It was lots of fun. I think we should play more games by candlelight.

Hankerchiefs for FIL
On Saturday morning I woke up early and was able to get the apron finished, ribbon sewn on, print and embroider the hankies, wash and starch them. I was glad the party was later in the afternoon. I was so tired that I went to bed early but then we were awakened at around 1:30 am to a huge downpour. I mean like as if a sprinkler was broken and shooting water everywhere. That is quite unusual for this side of Washington. We are on the desert side sagebrush and everything. I do miss living on the other side of the mountains but do not miss the Seattle traffic.

Am I the only one that waits until the last minute?

***Then yesterday as I was getting ready to post this our Internet and cable went out. Man when it rains it pours. he he. Oh well all is well today. Have a good one everyone.

3 comments:

sewitsforyou said...

I loved the apron and the hankies. I am sure everyone loves your gifts!

Claire said...

They look fab, and no, you certainly aren't the only one to leave it to the last minute - the amount of times I have had 3 hours sleep before a craft fair as I have sat up all night finishing things off! Lucky people to have had a gift like that x

Elizabeth said...

your embroidery is beautiful. I love your bags with Embroidery on the outside. I always wait until the last minute to do my projects. Like right now I have quilt pieces cut for a baby quilt that has to be completed by august, but I figure why do that now, so much better to start a new project in the meantime.