Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day

Memorial Day weekend was wonderful. To fast and not long enough. We drove 5 hours to Cannon Beach, OR. It was so beautiful.


These are rock by Haystack Rock. It is getting close to sundown and we walked out to haystack rock. To bad it was high tide. Otherwise we could have walked out to it and see all the sea creatures that live there.


We went all over. We flew kites at the beach, went to the Tillamook cheese factory. Oh my gosh CHEESE. I died and went to heaven.

I do have to say the worst thing happened on the trip. The first morning. I got up before everyone else and since they were all sleeping I thought I would take a shower before they all woke up and then I would start breakfast. Then the unthinkable happend. My bad ankle gave out and I fell. Right there in front of the camp. So the rest of the trip I was called gimpy. My ankle swelled up and hurt that nothing else. I decided to endure to have a good weekend. It was good. Fun and painful. Oh well take the good with the bad.

So at the end of the weekend I was shopping I went into a fabric store looking for some nice fabric to make a purse and 40 minutes later I walked out with 2 wall hanging quilts to make. (Take in to consideration I have never quilted in my life). Man, I am not sure how it happened. Brian assured me I did decide to buy them on my own. It must have been some kind of time warp or alternative universe thing. While in the shop I have all the powers of sewing then I walk out and am like oh my gosh how did that happen. Well I guess we will have to see what happens. I will keep you all posted. I will take pictures of the kits before I get started.

I hope you all had a fun and relaxing weekend.

Cheers

~B

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Your blog header is so cute :)...and thanks for visiting the feeling stitchy blog.

Rebekah said...

Thanks. I did have a great weekend. I love my header.